Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Samsung Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung TV.
To mirror video as well as audio, please make sure that you start mirroring when you are in the app (Photos, YouTube, Facebook etc.) that you want to mirror to your TV.
This works on any Samsung Smart TV from the 2012 models onward. Which model year do you have? You can see that by looking at the middle letter in your model type (on the back of your Samsung TV).
E = 2012
F = 2013
H = 2014
J = 2015
K = 2016
M = 2017
N = 2018
R = 2019
Q = QLED (also supported)
UE55_E_S8000 = 2012.
UE78_H_U8500L = 2014.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Samsung TV. Don’t use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Samsung TV app. It will start looking for your Samsung TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Samsung TV, the TV might ask you to “allow” the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don’t work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Samsung TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
About Screen Recording and Privacy
Even though there are notifications about Screen Recording, we don’t record your screen into files and we don’t send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in memory, before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
What our users are saying:
“Amazing” – 5 STARS – by Pmanswah
At first I thought it was going to trash then saw the reviews and thought they were bots.I bought the app and used it and it worked perfectly perfect sound and audio this app is a match made in heaven for me.
“It Works!” – 5 STARS – by cutters60
At first had trouble setting it up, but after following the video guide to set it up, “Bingo” it works a treat. Also their support is brilliant, they responded in less than an hour of the query I emailed to them.
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]